Dialogue of Place

Celebrating Projects of the
2017 Portland Architecture Awards


April 16 - June 29, 10am-5pm Mon - Fri
The Center for Architecture
403 NW 11th Ave, Portland, OR 97209


Featuring the 2017 Portland Architecture Awards recipients.

The AIA Portland Architecture Awards is a premier annual architectural event in Portland, recognizing design excellence reflected by AIA Members, Member Firms, and Associate Members throughout Oregon. A nationally renowned jury of architects reviews and selects projects that best represent the outstanding architecture that Oregon architects have to offer.

Learn about the awarded projects from these firms:

Hennebery Eddy Architects
Guggenheim Architecture and Design Studio
PSU School of Architecture Diversion Design-Build Studio
Architecture Building Culture
Landry Smith Architect
Mahlum Architects
Works Progress Architecture
Holst Architecture
ZGF Architects
SRG Partnership
Hacker
Opsis Architecture
& Lever Architecture

 

Projects were selected by the following jury of architects from San Francisco:

Zoë Prillinger, Ogrydziak Prillinger Architects (OPA)
Allison Williams, FAIA, AGWms_studio
William Leddy, FAIA, Leddy Maytum Stacy Architects (LMSᴬ)


About the Center for Architecture

The Center for Architecture is committed to the transformative power of design. Through collaboration with communities, thought leaders, and professionals, the Center for Architecture works to catalyze action to address the most challenging
issues of the 21st century.

The Center for Architecture is an Oregon non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to advancing public understanding and appreciation of architecture, design, urban planning and the role of the built environment in our quality of life. It was founded in 2008 by the Portland Chapter of the American Institute of Architects [AIA Portland], and is located in the heart of Portland’s internationally celebrated Pearl District.

The CFA serves as a cultural venue and resource for everyone interested in the built environment – offering an extensive calendar of special events, exhibitions, presentations, architectural walking tours, and films. The original structure, built in 1880, has been transformed into a highly sustainable facility that both inspires and sustains an on-going dialogue about architecture and design!